The number one reason the parents choose modern cloth nappies over disposables is COST! Just consider the following if you choose to use disposable nappies:
- Your newborn bubba will have an average of 6500 nappy changes from birth to toilet training which equals around $3250.
- From 6 months onwards, bubba still has about 5000 changes left which will cost around $2500.
- From 12 months onwards, it’s around 3800 left - $1900.
- From 18 months onwards, it’s around 2500 to go - $1250.
- And from 24 months onwards, it’s around1200 which is still a cost to you of around $600!
And remember this cost will multiply for each child you have! So for an average family of 3 children you could be saving around $10,000!
And besides all of that, the cost of disposables to our environment is just as much with a disposable nappy taking an estimated 400 years to degrade!
So think about your pocket and the environment when you make your decision, it’s a pretty simple one!